Layer 2 Business Data List Connector
Features & Benefits
The Layer2 Business Data List Connector (BDLC) integrates almost any external data source directly with native SharePoint 2007/2010/2013/2016 lists:
- 100% SharePoint-based, codeless, browser-based solution: Connection setup within minutes. Just click “Connect to external data source” in the SharePoint list settings dialog.
- No programming or tools required.
- Data synchronization manually on demand or automatically in background using timer jobs with flexible settings for scheduling.
- Auto-mapping and manual field / column mapping supported including data type conversions.
- Almost any data source supported: ODBC, OLEDB, OData, ADO.NET-based providers, files (Excel, XML, CSV), SQL Server, SQL Azure, Oracle, MySQL, IBM DB2, IBM AS/400, Informix, PostgreSQL, OneDrive, SharePoint, Exchange, Office 365, Active Directory, Navision, Notes, SAP, ERP/CRM/CMS systems, RSS Feed, XML Web Requests and Web Services, etc.
- Data Provider for OData (Dynamics, SAP etc.), CSOM (SharePoint/Office 365), Exchange, XML/RSS included. Others can be connected via 3rd party.
- Optional use of write-back to data sources feature in real-time, full CRUD (Create/Update/Delete).
- Known SharePoint BCS issues completely solved: ALL SharePoint list features available now.
- Start SharePoint list workflows or send RSS / email notifications on external data change.
- Add additional “SharePoint-only” columns, e.g. for ranking, rating, tagging, comments or file attachments. Take external data offline.
- Large data sets supported with high performance. No problems with SharePoint List View Threshold.
- Save license costs for LOB systems while using native SharePoint lists to expose enterprise data.
Graag meer weten?